Boylan Catholic High School opened its doors on September 7, 1960. Named in honor of the Most Reverend John J. Boylan, third Bishop of Rockford, the school was built in response to the leadership of Bishop Loras T. Lane who saw the need to serve the Catholic community with a co-educational high school.
The school continues a long tradition of Catholic education begun in 1910 by St. Thomas High School. This school, at first coeducational, became a school for boys in 1929 when Bishop Muldoon High School for girls opened. St. Thomas closed in 1962, while Muldoon graduated its last class in 1970. Throughout the years, Boylan has been staffed by the School Sisters of St. Francis, Adrian Dominican and Sinsinawa Dominican Orders of Sisters, Diocesan priests and lay teachers who today comprise the majority of the staff.
Keep up with the official Boylan Catholic High School website for alumni information, school fundraising, athletic information, school calendar and more by clicking here.